Winstrol is the brand name of Stanozolol. It is an extremely popular drug in the bodybuilding world. However, it was never intended to be used for human muscle growth and fat loss.
Winstrol was developed in the 1960s by Winthrop Laboratories. It is an anabolic steroid that was initially used for treating hereditary angioedema. It was even approved by the FDA for several therapeutic applications.
However, its uses went beyond the medical field. As more people learned of its benefits, Winstrol started gaining traction among athletes, bodybuilders, and weightlifters. This resulted in the banning of the substance by the International Olympic Committee and the International Association of Athletics Federations in 1974.
In 2014, the drug was withdrawn from the US market altogether. However, a lot of athletes still import and use it to date. It is especially common among athletes in cutting cycles. What most people may not understand is that the drug is extremely dangerous. Winstrol has been linked to an extensive list of severe adverse reactions. It has even been associated with certain cases of sudden death among weightlifters.
How Does Winstrol Work?
The chemical structure of Stanozolol is very similar to that of testosterone, so its effects are also similar to those of the hormone. Unlike other typical steroids, Winstrol has an A-ring modification that prevents it from getting converted into estrogen. Therefore, Winstrol boosts fat loss and muscle growth without producing some of the side effects linked to excess estrogen.
The presence of Stanozolol in the system creates an anabolic environment that supports fat loss and muscle growth. It stimulates your body to breakdown adipose tissue and uses the fat as fuel. This increases energy levels, stamina, endurance, and overall performance significantly. By acting as testosterone, it also stimulates rapid muscle growth.
Stanozolol also supports muscle growth by increasing free testosterone levels. It does so by preventing the actions of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), which traps testosterone.
You should know that winstrol is not the most potent steroid when it comes to building muscles. Other steroids like Dianabol produce better results.
Winstrol can be used through injections or oral pills. Both methods pose their own risks, so it’s all a matter of choosing your favorite poison. For instance, oral administration is the friendliest of the two, but it exposes your liver to grave danger. Oral use of the drug over prolonged durations can even result in liver damage. On the other hand, injections might be safer for your liver, but they can cause scarring and the formation of air bubbles in your bloodstream. Injections can be given in the shoulder, arm, or buttock.
The ideal dosages of Winstrol may vary depending on various factors. For instance, the dosages of Stanozolol used in treating hereditary angioedema were individualized based on the clinical response of each patient. The starting dose in most cases was 2mg taken three times per day. The dosage is then adjusted downwards based on the patient’s response.
The dosages used by bodybuilders are mostly based on anecdotal evidence and not clinical trials. These doses are significantly high and may also vary based on the user’s tolerance.
Risks and Side Effects of Winstrol
The risks associated with Stanozolol are the main reason why we discourage users from taking it. The steroid is known to produce many side effects ranging from mild and discomforting to severe and life-threatening. Here are some of the side effects of Stanozolol:
- Acne – This problem is experienced by both male and female users. It gets even worse if you already have acne or an oily skin problem.
- Baldness – steroids increase male pattern baldness. They speed up the process if you were already at risk.
- Testosterone suppression – Stanozolol slows down the production of natural testosterone. It can even shut down the production completely. This is why it is essential to use the drug in cycles or with another supplement that maintains normal t-production.
- Changes in libido – The steroid can increase or reduce your libido. It may also reduce the quality of erections, the volume of ejaculations, and sperm count.
- Increase in bad LDL cholesterol – It increases bad cholesterol, and with it, the risk of stroke, heart attacks, and high blood pressure shoots up.
- Liver toxicity – Oral use of Winstrol is very harmful to the liver. It can result in permanent damage if you abuse the drug.
- Insomnia – Difficulty in sleeping is prevalent among winstrol users.
- Depression – Stanozolol can stimulate depression and may even escalate to suicidal thoughts.
- Increased aggression – Stanozolol users report increased aggression and violent behavior.
- Heart problems like heart failure – The increase in LDL cholesterol and blood pressure increases the risk of cardiovascular issues.
- Reduced sperm production – anabolic steroids are known to affect fertility in men.
- Gynecomastia – Stanozolol may lead to the growth of breast tissues in men.
- Joint pain
Female users may also experience:
- Cycle abnormalities
- Deepening of voice
- Irregular hair growth
- Development of some male characteristics
- Loss of some female characteristics like breast size
Looking at this extensive list of side effects, do you still think the benefits of Winstrol are worth it?
Legal Winstrol Alternative
Crazy Bulk’s Winsol is the safe and legal alternative to Stanozolol. The supplement is formulated to support your cutting cycles, preserve your lean muscle mass during weight loss, and boost your performance in and out of the gym. It uses a 100% natural formula that takes advantage of powerful and proven ingredients that are expertly dosed.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (555mg) – This amino acid facilitates the transportation of fatty acids to cells, where they are broken down to produce energy. This results in both fat loss and increased energy levels. Acetyl-L-Carnitine also improves the supply of oxygen to muscle tissue boosting stamina and muscle recovery. It also reduces soreness and fatigue.
- Choline (300mg) – Choline increases metabolism to speed up fat loss. It is also useful for healthy cellular growth, liver functions, and brain development.
- Wild Yam (300mg) – Wild yam contains diosgenin, which reduces fat and increases lean muscle mass. It also has some anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that prevent muscle soreness and oxidative stress and improves quick muscle recovery.
- DMAE (150mg) – DMAE offers lots of benefits. It improves muscle contraction and pain response by promoting the secretion of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Studies also show that Dimethylamenoethanol can treat ADHD, depression, dementia, and Alzheimer’s.
- Safflower Oil (126mg) – Safflower oil improves blood flow lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It reduces bad cholesterol levels and is also very useful in fighting water retention. Therefore, it facilitates a clean and lean physique.
It also contains rice concentrate, vegetable stearate, lactose, silica, gelatin, and maltodextrin.
Is Winsol Safer than Winstrol?
Yes, Winsol is so much safer than Winstrol. This is not to say that Winsol is 100% safe, though. Most people never experience any side effects, but some users report a few cases. The good news is that using Winsol as directed can help you achieve your fitness goals without any medical complications. The recommended dosage is 3 capsules per day, taken around 45 minutes before hitting the gym. Winsol should be used in cycles of 2 months on and 1.5 weeks off. The manufacturer recommends supporting Winsol with a good exercise program and a healthy diet.
Winstrol may be very powerful, but it is far from ideal. The risks involved are honestly too huge to ignore. Luckily for us, we have Winsol, which is a natural and safer alternative. Winsol is already being used by thousands of athletes around the world. Not only does it produce amazing results, but it is also legal to buy, and you don’t need any prescription. Winsol is suitable for both men and women.
There is really no point in risking your health with illegal drugs when we have a safe and legal option in Winsol.