Last updated on July 21st, 2021 at 09:28 am
In bodybuilding, everyone wants the best results achieved in the shortest time possible. This means using powerful performance enhancers like steroids, prohormones, and SARMs. What some people fail to understand is that these powerful drugs can overwhelm key body organs. The liver is usually the most affected organ. Most of these performance enhancers have to pass through and be processed by the liver. The compounds can put too much stress on the liver, which ends up affecting the organ’s performance. This can worsen if you are using extremely powerful compounds in high dosages and for long periods. If you are not careful, your liver can fail permanently. Other organs like the kidney and heart can also be affected by powerful bodybuilding supplements.
So, how can you get the results you want from these supplements without putting your organs at risk? The secret is in cycle support supplements. These drugs are formulated to maintain optimal operations of key organs that are usually affected by bodybuilding supplements. They also help maintain healthy blood pressure.
Best Cycle Support Supplements
Defend by Huge Nutrition is the best cycle support supplement you can buy at the moment. The supplement has the best formula in class featuring powerful ingredients that are supported by scientific evidence. The ingredients are also clinically dosed to ensure the users are getting the best results at all times.
Defend is a very popular cycle support product used by athletes and bodybuilders who are taking powerful bodybuilding supplements to aid their muscle-building efforts.
What does it Contain?
Defend contains several powerful ingredients that work in synergy to boost the performance of your liver and other organs as you continue to use your prohormones, SARMs, and other drugs.
Here is the full list of the ingredients present in Defend and their respective dosages:
- Milk Thistle Extract (1000mg) – Milk Thistle has a long history of being used as a natural remedy for liver damage. It comes from a plant called Silybum Marianum, whose active ingredient, Silymarin, has powerful antioxidant properties. Studies also show that Silymarin can protect the liver from toxins. The data shows the ingredient works even better when taken alongside N-Acetyl-Cysteine or NAC, also included in the Defend formula. Milk Thistle also delivers additional benefits like improved insulin sensitivity.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (600mg) – NAC is very beneficial to the liver. Data shows it can improve your liver’s performance, plus it can reverse the effects of liver toxicity. It’s even used for treating acute hepatotoxicity. NAC also supports liver enzymes and kidney function.
- Peppermint Leaf Powder (500mg) – Peppermint powder has multiple health benefits. It boosts the performance of hepatic enzymes, supports efficient digestion, increases bile flow, and can reduce bad LDL cholesterol. Peppermint is also rich in fibers, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Saw Palmetto Extract (250mg) – Saw Palmetto is a popular testosterone boosting ingredient. It is added to this formula to protect the kidney and liver. It also helps in fighting testosterone suppression.
- Hawthorn Berry Extract (150mg) – Hawthorn berries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can protect your liver and reverse any effects already suffered.
- Red Clover (200mg) – Red Clover improves lipid profile. Scientists believe it can also regulate cholesterol levels.
- Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid or TUDCA (250mg) – TUDCA can be used for liver cirrhosis. It improves liver enzymes and can also fight gallstones.
Take 4 capsules per day in the morning with a meal.
Defend Pros and Cons
- Scientific studies back the formula.
- Ingredients are clinically dosed.
- It protects multiple organs and also supports a healthy lipid profile.
- The price is a bit steep for some people.
Blockade by Assault Labs is another very interesting cycle support supplement. The product contains most of the key ingredients known for supporting organ functions. You will also notice that the formula has more ingredients than Blockade, but it comes second in our list for two main reasons. First, the dosages of the ingredients used are a bit inadequate. Second, Blockade does not contain TUDCA, a very effective ingredient.
What Does It Contain?
Most of the ingredients present in Defend are also found here. These include Milk Thistle powder (500mg), N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (500mg), Saw palmetto (150mg), and Hawthorne Berry Extract (350mg). The only ingredients present in Blockade that are not used in Defend are:
- Vitamin B6 (30mg) – Vitamin B6 has several health benefits like improving blood pressure and protein intake.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (100mg) – It protects cells and tissues against oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- S-adenosylmethionine (100mg) – It helps with liver detoxification and fighting the effects of estrogenic compounds.
- Grape Seed Extract (75mg) – It supports healthy blood pressure and liver functions.
- Coenzyme Q10 (75mg) – It supports heart health, cell growth, and kidney and liver performance. It also enhances recovery after high-intensity workouts.
- ZMA – Zinc, magnesium aspartate supports testosterone production. This is useful for countering the effects of testosterone suppression.
- Glucosamine Sulfate (500mg) – It supports joints.
Take 3 capsules per day.
Blockade Pros and Cons
- Contains some high-quality ingredients
- Each bottle is enough for 2 months.
- Contains testosterone boosting ingredients
- It doesn’t contain TUDCA.
- The dosages for some ingredients are quite low.
Advanced Cycle Support
Advanced Cycle Support is manufactured by IronMag Labs. The supplement protects the liver, supports a healthy prostate, boosts lipid profile, and decreases blood pressure. It is formulated with high profile ingredients similar to the ones present in our top pick above. However, just like Blacked, the ingredients in Advanced Cycle Support are also low dosed.
What Does It Contain?
Advanced Cycle Support contains only seven ingredients. These are:
- Milk Thistle (500mg)
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (400mg)
- Hawthorne Berry (300mg)
- Saw Palmetto (200mg)
- Coenzyme Q10 (100mg)
- Celery Seed Extract (75mg)
- Grape Seed Extract (75mg)
Take two capsules of Advanced Cycle Support with food every day. The supplement can be used as cycle support, or you can take it after your cycle.
Advanced Pros and Cons
- A simple and effective formula
- Supports healthy prostate
- Ingredient dosages are slightly low
- It doesn’t contain TUDCA
While all the above supplements may help you maintain healthy organs, lipid profile, and blood pressure, Huge Nutrition’s Defend is by far the best because it combines the absolute best ingredients and at the right dosages. Thousands of bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts have successfully used it without any complications. The supplement also supports different cycles involving SARMs, Prohormones, and even steroids.